Redefining Quality in the Age of Smart Grid: Consumers as Partners in Transformation
On December 8-9, the Galvin Electricity Initiative hosted a first-of-its-kind two-day conference, "Redefining Quality in the Age of Smart Grid: Consumers as Partners in Transformation," focused on how quality leadership can improve service, performance, reliability and sustainability in the power sector. This interactive event, designed especially for the electricity industry, demonstrated how quality can help make the smart grid transformation a reality — and at the same time reduce costs — through collaboration with consumers and businesses. Sponsored by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), Austin Energy, Exelon, and Kansas City Power & Light (KCP&L), the conference was held concurrently with IHI’s 22nd Annual National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care.
Featured Speaker Presentations
- Presentation by Jim Buckman, Galvin Electricity Initiative
- Presentation by Terence Donnelly, Executive Vice President of Operations, ComEd
- Presentation by Phil Forve, Assistant Vice President of Business Excellence, Cargill, Inc.
- Presentation by Adrian Vido, Group Vice President, Quality and New Model Launch, Ford Motor Company
- Presentation by William Herdegen, Vice President, T&D Engineering and Operations, KCP&L
- Presentation by John Kelly, Deputy Director, Galvin Electricity Initiative
- Presentation by Stephen Swensen, MD, MMM, FACR, Director for Quality and Professor of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Presentation by Greg D. Troxell, P.E., Director of Distribution Services South, Electric Service Delivery, Austin Energy